Top 10 Solar Powered Watches - 2022 Guide
If you're thinking of replacing your old watch in 2021 you might've already considered purchasing a solar powered watch.
Eliminating the need for batteries, these watches are powered entirely by light. The benefit of this is that light in renewable source of energy and has the potential to power your watch much longer than a tradition battery could.
With that in mind, here's the top 10 solar powered watches available in the UK in 2021.
1. Ice-Watch - White - Unisex
This interesting watch features an exclusive solar charging system which powers a quartz movement. Whenever it's exposed to natural or artificial light the battery will charge.
- Large face makes it easy to read
- Minimal packaging
- Visually eye-catching
- Not great for those with smaller wrists
2. BERING Men's Analogue Solar Powered Watch
The BERING men's analogue solar powered watch is highly scratch-resistant making it a perfect long term replacement watch.
It's almost entirely made up of stainless steel, including the strap and is also water resistant up to a staggering 50m.
- Water resistant
- Scratch resistant
- Incredibly precise time-keeping
- Has a slim design
- The luminous dials aren't very bright in darker surroundings
- The stainless steel does make it slightly heavy
3. Seiko Mens Analogue Solar Powered Watch
The Seiko men's analogue solar powered watch is one of the better performing solar powered watches on this list as a 9 hour exposure to light will charge it for roughly 10 months.
- Versatile watch that goes with any outfit
- Excellent charging capabilities
- The dials move in 2 second intervals when the watch is low on battery to save energy
- Isn't waterproof
- Can be a bit fiddly when setting date and time
4. Casio Collection Men's Watch AQ-S810W
This solar powered watch is water-resistant up to 100m and has a useful LED lit face. It's perfect for those who are active and is especially useful for hikes and treks in the countryside.
- Water resistant up to 100m
- Works well in any weather
- Highly durable
- Isn't immune to scratches and scuffs
- The cosmetics can wear off pretty easily
5. Seiko Women's Analogue Classic Solar Powered Watch
This watch has a gold tone which is a nice, subtle colour. It's not too bright and the numbers on the face are clear to see. It sits comfortably on the wrist and looks very classy.
- Looks visually appealing
- Sits comfortably on the wrist
- Slim design
- Great customer service team
- Doesn't contain a warranty or guarantee
6. Pulsar PX3173X1 Stainless Steel Solar Powered Watch
This solar powered watch never needs a battery and can be powered by daylight or artificial light. It's water resistant and comes in a handy stainless steel protective case.
- Water resistant up to 100m
- Very stylish
- The strap is easily adjustable
- Comes in plastic packaging
7. BERING Womens Analogue Solar Powered Watch with Stainless Steel Strap
The BERING watch has a highly scratch-resistant and flat sapphire crystal covering the blue sun-ray dial. Any kind of light will charge it and when fully charged it runs for 6-12 months.
- Visually appealing
- Nicely sized for all wrist sizes
- Light and comfortable to wear
- Strap is a bit annoying to adjust
- The blue face makes telling the time slightly tough in darker conditions
8. Seiko Mens Analogue Classic Solar Powered Watch with Stainless Steel Strap SNE034P1
SEIKO launched it's first solar watch in 1977 and have developed and refined the technology.
SEIKO remain one of the pioneers of this technology creating solar panels so small, they fit behind the SEIKO name on the watch dials and this watch fits in well with what they've achieved so far.
- Lasts for at least 10 years
- Can be used for any occasion
- Clear date function
9. BERING Womens Analogue Solar Powered Watch with Stainless Steel Strap 14427-004
- Very visually appealing
- Very similar to the product pictures
- Comes with a 3-year limited guarantee
- Lightweight and comfortably fitting
- The metal section isn't scratch resistant
10. BERING Men's Analogue Solar Powered Watch with Stainless Steel Strap 16433-002
The final watch in our list is again from BERING. It's made from the highest quality materials and has general resistance to rain, splashing, accidental submersion and showering although it's not suitable for swimming or bathing.
- Beautiful looking watch
- Slim but easy to read
- The strap is very comfortable on the wrist
- Easy to configure for its first use
- Has a small date box
Welcoming in 2021, we all owe it to the planet to start considering making positive swaps for the environment. A nice solar-powered watch will certainly help and these 10 give a good variety of choice although of course, there are far more out there!